-->

Monday, July 2, 2007

Nea onnim no sua a, ohu

In celebrating my return back to the blogoshpere, I decided to take some time and space to explain what my blog's name means.

"Nea onnim no sua a, ohu" is a saying of the Akan people of Ghana which translates to something like,"He who does not know can know from learning". I am an ardent supporter of those who pursue knowledge for the sake of having knowledge, so I try to devour any new information that comes before me. I wanted my blog to reflect this about me and I will try to remain loyal to this central concept by exploring ideas and experiences, and maybe even coming up with an answer or two in the process.

Have no fear, I harbor no illusions about my intelligence or education levels. I don
t mean to come off as a pretentious asshole nor do I plan on assaulting my readers with dense, esoteric nonsense that is designed more to confuse than to enlighten. My goal is to try and explore ideas and issues that can be interesting, challenging, and, sometimes, very fun.

I don't want to take up any more valuable space attempting to describe what this blog will be (hopefully). So, I shall let it speak for itself. Until the next time.

No comments: